Saturday, September 10, 2005

Guys' Night Out

Tonight was the first night in a very long time that I actually got to hang with the guys, and do guy stuff. It started with about 10 of us meeting for dinner at Ojeda's. From there, we went to Matt McMasters' cousin's house in a warehouse. I realize that sounds a bit crazy, but his cousin actually built his house inside of a warehouse that he uses for a furniture shipping business. Pretty cool idea. We set up the poker tables and proceeded to play Texas Hold 'em for several hours. I had never played poker of any sorts outside of computer and cell phone games. My cousins and I played Texas Hold 'em last year while we were pheasant hunting, but no money changed hands so I wouldn't call it legit. Tonight, was legit. Everyone bought in and the playing began. With this being my first time in, I played very conservatively. But I guess my conservation paid off, as my rookie appearance landed me 3rd place and $20. Not a huge pot for 3rd, but hey, it was a break-even night including dinner! $10 mexican food + $10 buy in = 1 great night! Thank yous to Terry Storch for the invite, and to my lovely, beautiful, wonderfully gracious wife for letting me go! See you guys next month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home