Sunday, October 16, 2005

Fix you?

My little Kamryn has quite the personality. She is extremely bright, communicative, and imaginative. However, she has one trait that comes with a lot of girls...a VERY sassy mouth! Tonight, she sassed me one too many times and was sent to her room to sit in time out. After about 5 minutes of sitting in her room, quiet and alone, I went back to talk to her about her punishment.

I knelt down beside her on her bed and asked her, "Kamryn, do you know why you had to sit in time out?"

Her reply was simple, "Yes, because I have a sassy mouth and it gets me in trouble."

I then said to her, "What is it going to take to fix your sassy mouth?"

Her reply again was simple...

"God."

How true is that?

Again, from the mouth of a 3 year old comes the most obvious and simple of truths...God can fix our unlikeable traits, but we must surrender them to Him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

At least she got the God part right. My kid has to be prompted as to what she has done wrong. I have heard that the sassies get better at about age 4. Right when you think you may kill your kid b/c of her mouth, it slows down. Can't wait for the magical moment--her birthday.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Rick Scheibner said...

Just wait until you have teenagers! :o)

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home