Sunday, September 25, 2005

Tejano Fest 2005...in my front yard!

Last night when I got home from church (about 9:30) I saw that my neighbors were having a party. This is nothing new as our cul-de-sac seems to be party central for this end of North Texas. The 2 houses across from us are nightly post college frat-boy parties of several of the neighbors sitting in each others' garages, drinking heavily, watching the projection screen for whatever sport is on at the time, playing poker, cussing at the top of their lungs, and keeping the rest of us up with their raucous. Well, last night the other neighbors decided to chime in with their own version of the notorious parties, except this one had a different flare...a south of the border flare. That's right, it was all out Tejano party. Now don't get me wrong, I am a connoisseur of music, but if there is one style that turns my stomach to hear, no it's not rap, it's tejano. Now what really gets under my skin is that our neighbors had their tejano music blasting at 1AM. Since I am the media pastor at FC Uptown, I have to leave my house at 3AM to go get the truck and get it to the school to load in at 4:30AM. But not only did this get me a little hot under the collar, it REALLY ticked off my wife. She called the cops, then sat in our little girl's room until they got there only to see our neighbors scrambling. How high school is that?!!! I love it...ratting out my rude neighbors, and actually getting 2 hours of peaceful sleep before a 12+ hour day! Typically I don't sleep well on Saturday nights because of my fear of over-sleeping one of my 3 alarms. Now, I'm off to nap before we have our own TEJANO FEST 2005 tonight...just kidding, I may not get up until tomorrow, if I'm lucky!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Dowdle said...

I love it. Your wife sounds like mine and her name is Richelle as well, must be the name. She's called the cops a time or two as well. :-)

7:52 PM  
Blogger BV said...

Man I remember living in little Mexico on the north side of Denton...nothing like a bunch of (dare I say it) Mexicans hanging out with their shirts of drinking beer, roasting a goat while listening to the overly simply bass riffs (not exactly riffs) and the over-the-top accordian...

Those were the good ole days on Vinsonville.

(Ask Storch)

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home