Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Fam is out of town...What Will I Do?

I hate it when my wife and kids leave town without me. I don't sleep well. I spend countless hours on the internet reading blogs. I get caught up on all my TiVo'd shows. But, when the chaos is still at my house it just doesn't seem right. I like the noise and craziness of my 3 year old little girl who wakes up talking and talks herself to sleep at night. I can't sleep because I'm used to having a knee in my ribs or fist in my nose from either my wife or daughter. It's weird having a king size bed all to yourself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I DO MISS MY FAMILY!!!

So what am I going to do this weekend...go to a high school football game with my dad, pick up the replacement car for the retired Camry, eat at my favorite burrito place in Texas...no not Chipotle...nope, not Freebirds...yep you guessed it...SEVI's (in Wichita Falls). I'll let you know how my Chicken Combo with cheese and sour cream tastes!!! Oh yeah, I almost forgot...Tech plays A&M this weekend...I'll definitely be watching that one! And of course, frequent trips to Starbucks for my Venti Americano. Sounds like a full weekend to me, how will I ever fit all of that in?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Now if you could get your wife to blog, I would be happier!

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all that time with nothing to do and you still don't edit my timecard... it's nice to know i'm below internet blogs, and your TiVo of Dora the Explorer!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy it Greg - my 1.5 year old daughter has gone on a sleep strike this week . Lauri and are loosing the battle.

Look forward to seeing you Sunday.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Rick Scheibner said...

I know the feeling, Greg. We've got a blended family here: Two boys are mine, two are hers. When everybody's gone, it gets freaky quiet here, and I can't stand that. I pretty much do the same things you do when they're gone.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home