Saturday, November 05, 2005

This Weekend...pt 2

Well I made the trip to Wichita Falls to see the folks yesterday. I left yesterday afternoon about 1, first to drop off something at the church, then to head out to the Falls. I made it to Roanoke with a feeling in my gut that I needed to bypass Hwy 114 (by Texas Motor Speedway) and go up 377 to 407 and across to 287, the road home. I should have trusted my gut, but I didn't and ended up sitting still in TMS traffic. It took me 45 minutes to travel less than 3 miles. So the trip didn't start off as planned.

I get to the Falls just in time to go watch the biggest high school football rivalry in the Wichita Falls area. My alma mater, Rider, versus Wichita Falls High (Old High). Rider came into the game already having won district and this was Old High's last game of the season. To be concise, Old High killed Rider 41-7. It was UGLY! Frankly, I don't care too much about what happens there since I graduated a long time ago, but I get HUGE kicks out of the animosity that exists between fans on both sides. It's like everyone thinks that the other has this cosmotic connection that with every intention sabotage the other team. It's crazy, but quite comical!

Today, I woke up and went to breakfast with the padres. Everything in this local restaurant is a heart attack on a plate. When a standard breakfast is Pork Chops, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and hash browns...sounds to me like someone's arteries are shutting down for the day! So that's what my dad ate! My mom and I went more traditional with pancakes.

All we did this weekend was eat, and no I didn't get to go to my favorite dive, Sevi's. My dad didn't think it was safe to drive into that neighborhood to eat. So we ate at this new place called The Jalapeno Tree. WHOA! It was great.

After eating, I picked up my replacement vehicle...a silver 2004 Sebring. I made it back to DFW on less than a 1/4 tank of gas. Walking in the door, my cell phone rings and it's someone I don't know who has my wife's phone and purse. Evidently, Richelle left it at TJ Maxx while trying to keep up with the kiddos! So, I'm frantically trying to get hold of my sister in law to tell them how to get it back...all is well, the nice people are going to drop it off by their house. SCARY!

Finally, how 'bout those RED RAIDERS!!! Talk about putting a whooping...no pun intended...on the aggies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick Scheibner said...

My Beavs beat UW on 6 field goals and no touchdowns. Go figure.

It's amazing to see the eating habits of our parents, and compare them to what and how we eat.

Hey, how'd you get the Feedburner? I'd like to get that for our church blog, http://www.pendleton-naz.org/blog

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home